Halogen-free MHS-HF replaces MHS-LSZH cables starting from February 2016. MHS-HF is tested according to EN60332-3-22.
- Standards: EN 50289-x-x, EN 50290-x-x.
- Fire testing: EN 50399, EN 60332-1-2, EN 60332-3-22.
- Cable characteristics: SFS 5739.
- Reaction to fire: Dca -s2,d2,a2
- Conductor: Annealed copper wire, nominal diameter 0.5 mm
- Insulation: Solid PE
- Pair-twisting: Two insulated conductors are twisted together to form a pair. Different insulation colours are used for pair identification, see colour code
- Basic unit: Ten pairs are stranded together to form a unit and coloured plastic ribbons are used for unit identification, see colour code
- Main unit: Five or ten basic units are stranded to a main unit. Numbered plastic ribbons are used for main unit identification
- Stranding: The units and main units are stranded together to form a compact cable core
- Wrapping: The cable core is wrapped with a plastic insulating tape bound with two polyester yarns
- Shield: Plastic-aluminium foil and a ground wire, tinned copper 0,5 mm
- Outer sheath: Grey HFFR-compound, RAL 7035
All of our fibre optic and copper cables are halogen-free.